I bought lots of red pepper. The price was about 3 euros per kg. I enjoy the aroma and the sweet taste of any colored peppers. Green peppers (capsicum) are less sweet.
Red pepper sauce is a good marriage with pasta and a change to tomato sauce.
- 6 red peppers
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 100 ml of cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few basil leaves, sliced
- Pasta according to taste, cooked
- Roast the peppers in the oven. I cut them in half. Place them skin up under oven grill. It can take 30 minutes or more. When the skin is charred place them in a strong plastic bag, wait 10 minutes and peel them when cool.
- Fry in a pan the onion and the garlic then add the skinned red peppers to mix the flavors for under low heat
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer or use a hand blender. Mix to a fine mixture
- Stir in the cream, salt and pepper to taste and cook under medium low heat until well blended
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well
- Served with some shavings of basil leaves and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.