The perfect soup for cold places. This soup is sweet, creamy with a beautiful color. One regular size butter squash, they all seem to have the same size to me, can feed at least 8.
- 2 tbsps. of butter
- 1 butter squash cut in small chunks
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 potatoes cut in chunks
- 2 carrots cut lengthwise and chopped
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock. I use homemade chicken stock made from chicken backs.
- 500 ml of milk
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil for decoration or serving.
- In a large pot melt butter
- Add the onions and cook until translucent
- Add the squash, potatoes and carrots. Cook until all the ingredients soften and are well coated with the butter
- Add the stock, milk nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- When all the ingredients are cooked mix with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the seasoning. Serve with shavings of basil.