There is too many recipes for making brown bread. I like this one for the rustic look and the taste.
By the way the brown flour looks unrefined and rough. Yes, it tastes very, very good.
- 400 gr of brown flour
- 50 gr of white flour
- 300 ml of warm water
- 2 tsps. of instant yeast
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 2 tsp of salt
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water
- Put all the other ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix
- Slowly add the tepid water and sugar mixture, mix well, cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead on an oily surface for 10 seconds. I slowly count up to ten until it is done. Do that twice more at ten minutes intervals. On the third knead let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- With the palms of your hands flatten the dough into a large rectangle. The width should be the same size as your baking pan. Roll the dough and squeeze it into the pan and let it rest and rise, covered with a towel, for 2 hours
- Bake for 40 minutes at 200 Celsius.