I used this rice to serve the Chicken with Olives and Preserved Lemon
- 1 1 ½ cup of long grain rice, I use basmati rice
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 tsp. of ground allspice also called pimento
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- 3 cup of chicken stock or water
- 1 chicken cube if you use water instead of chicken stock
- Lightly coat the bottom of a pot with oil
- Add the onion and cook until translucent but not colored
- Add the spices and mix until fragrant. That is about 1 minute
- Add the rice, mix until all the grains are coated with oil
- Add the chicken stock or the water and chicken stock cube
- Raise the heat to a rolling boil
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Cook the rice for 12 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let the rice stand covered for 10 minutes. Don’t peak!
- Fluff up the rice with a fork.
The rice should be perfectly cooked and the grains nicely separated.
– It is not!
– Then you peaked when I told you not to.