This is a very addictive one pot comfort food.
- 500 gr of minced meat
- 150 gr of sliced button mushrooms
- 500 ml of milk
- 250 ml of water
- 1 1/2 beef cubes
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 150 gr of pasta – I used Penne
- 150 ml of sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of cornstarch diluted in a little water
- Cook the mushrooms in a little oil remove and keep aside
- Cook the minced meat until brown
- Put the mushrooms and the minced meat in a large pot and add the milk, water, beef stock cubes, paprika and pasta. Cook, uncovered, under medium high heat until the pasta is done. I suggest in high altitude, like Nairobi, that you cover the pot as the cooking time is longer with a much greater evaporation.
- Add the sour cream and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste
- Slowly add the cornstarch diluted in a little water until reaching the desired thickness. Further simmer for 5 minutes.