I had minced pork in my fridge and no idea of what to do with it. Then I am told that I must eat greens, you know the lettuce type of greens. I still think and look at the jars of carrot and chili pickles given to me at the Goan Youth Festival.
The chili and the carrots pickles taste divine. Yes, I have used the word divine. The product is absolutely natural and free from preservatives.
- 500 gr of pork mince
- 80 gr of cooked green beans, finely sliced
- 80 gr carrots finely grated or julienne
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp. of ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. of fish sauce. Yes, that bottle, the one reading Nuoc Mam Dac Biet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put everything in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Make small patties about 5 to 6 centimeters wide and 1 ½ cm thick. To make consistent patties, make a ball then flatten it to the wanted size
- Let the patties set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
- Cook the patties in a frying pan, to your taste, with a little bit of oil under medium-low heat.
- Serve on crispy lettuce leaves and with condiment or pickles of your choice. I have chosen the carrot and the chili pickles.
Tips – Assuming you do not want to use pork then I suggest you make the patties with minced chicken.