Monster Chocolate Cookies
I like my cookies with a bite but chewy in the center. The proportions are for 2 dozen large cookies. Use unsweetened chocolate or bitter chocolate. Again, be very careful these cookies are addictive.
- 1/2 cup of very soft butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup of flour – sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of shaved chocolate
- 100 gr of sultana or raisins
- In a bowl mix the butter, vanilla essence and the sugars
- Add the egg, the sifted flour and the pinch of salt
- Mix very well, it will look like a very thick paste
- Add the chocolate shavings and the sultana and continuing mixing.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls, flatten until 1 cm thick, place on a baking sheet
- Cook for a good ten minutes and remove the tray from the oven.
- Let the cookie cool before handling