It is a Latin dish and my favorite way to fry chicken. It is light and very tasty. I serve it with tostones.
- 1 medium chicken
- 250 ml lime juice
- 60 ml light ( regular) soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 cups of flour
- crush black pepper and salt to taste ( remember that soy sauce is salty)
- Oil for frying.
- Cut the chicken in 8 pieces and remove the skin. Keep the chicken back for other use ,maybe a stock
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, lime juice and the chicken pieces in a bowl to marinate for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge
- Mix the flour with crushed pepper and salt
- Dry the chicken pieces and coat with the seasoned flour
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and fully cooked. Serve with lime wedges.
Tips – No need to marinate the chicken overnight. 2 to 3 hours is sufficient to get the fresh lemony taste.