No problem if you call it banana bread. It is shape like a loaf but I consider it a cake. I like walnuts in it, it provides a crunch and add flavor. I know walnuts are expensive but the amount needed is small and well worth the end result. I bought mine at Chandarana supermarket in Diamond Plaza. The bananas must be ripe and that’s a must for flavor.
- A tin pan lined with greaseproof paper
- 3 regular size mashed ripe bananas
- 180 gr. of sifted flour
- 2 ½ tsps. of baking powder
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 75 gr. of melted butter
- 75 gr. of crushed walnuts or more if you really like the crunch.
- Mix well the sugar, butter, vanilla essence with the eggs until creamy
- Add the flour, baking powder and mix
- Mix in the mashed bananas and the walnuts
- Pour into the lined tin pan
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour
- Let it cool in the pan
Tips – I use a silicone pan so I don’t have to line or butter it.