I know it is a fancy tittle for a dish. However, it is easy to prepare and looks great plated. You do need balsamic vinegar. Do not substitute it for any other vinegar.
I do not buy rosemary, I pick it in my garden. Yes, in Kenya it seems that everyone has a rosemary bush or know someone with a rosemary bush. I have one. This recipe is for 4.
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- 4 long thick stem of rosemary
- The slivers of 3 garlic cloves – that is sliced garlic
- 2 large onions thickly sliced. 1 cm thick should do.
- Olive oil.
- 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the chicken
- Push a skewer the length of the chicken legs and insert a sprig of rosemary.
- Insert some garlic slivers. Distribute evenly if you can. OK! try your best
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and drizzle each chicken legs with olive oil
- Bake in a 180 Celsius oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Do not overcook the chicken or it will dry.
- While the chicken is cooking add olive oil in a pan and cook the onions until medium soft. It is nice when the onions have a slight crunch. It should take 3 to 4 minutes
- When the chicken is cooked drizzle it with balsamic vinegar.
- Place the onions on a plate, rest the chicken legs on the onions.