With garlic everything taste good. It is very true with garlic bread. Garlic bread with pasta or an Italian dish is fantastic. I get emotional when garlic bread is served on a table. It puts me at ease when I enter my comfort zone. There is many recipes for garlic bread so here is how I do mine. The quantity is according to the amount of garlic bread you want and how strong you want the garlic to taste. The choice is yours so go ahead and be creative.
- Garlic press if you have
- Mortar also optional
- French or Italian bread
- Garlic of course
- Cut your baguette in 1 cm slices
- Mash the garlic with salt
- Add soften butter to your mash garlic until it forms a paste. Yes, you will have pieces of garlic but do not worry
- Spread the garlic mixture on one side of the sliced bread
- Grill in oven at 180 degrees for 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Yes, bread under a grill burns very fast so be very attentive
Tips – I grill only on side of the bread. The side with the garlic butter. It is my method because I like garlic bread and not garlic toast. However, you may grill both sides as you wish.