This sauce is one my sons’ favorite. He can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even in between if he could. This sauce is similar to the Alfredo sauce with 2 more ingredients. This recipe is for 4.
- 200 gr of Back bacon. Now if you want to go gourmet, that is if you have guests and want to impress, use streaky bacon but the best is pancetta. I use back bacon for the house as it does the trick and is much cheaper. You see I try to save money. Unfortunately Beef bacon does not work so well in this recipe.
- 100 ml of whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 gr of Parmesan – I use the Aberdare Parmesan grated cheese. Almost all supermarket chains have it and the price is very reasonable
- 400 gr of Pappardelle or Fettuccine pasta. Which is almost a full package of 500 gr.
- Cook the pasta in a large quantity of water until al dente. Remember that at high altitude, above sea level, pasta takes longer to cook.
- Chop the back bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until crispy
- In a bowl mix the egg, the egg yolk and the parmesan
- In a large frying pan melt the butter and add the cream
- Add the egg and parmesan mixture until homogenous
- Add the cooked bacon and mix well
- Pour the sauce on top of the cooked pasta.