Kenya love meat and this sandwich is one of my son’s favorite. It is fast, easy, very tasty and a great comfort food. This sandwich is designed along the famous Philly steak sandwich. The recipe is for 4 portions / sandwiches.
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 600 gr beef fillet – fillet steak with fat and sinew removed
- Olive oil
- 100 gr of grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette (French bread) or stick bread as it is called in some supermarkets.
- Salt and pepper
- Finely slice the fillet steak
- Add the olive oil and cook the sliced onions very soft and remove from the pan
- Add more olive oil and fry the fillet steak slices. Do not overcook. Turn off the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the grated cheese to the meat and let it melt.
- Cut the bread in 4 even portions and slice them open.
- Add the meat with the cheese and the cooked onions.
Tips – You can add what tempts you to this sandwich; Mayonnaise, ketchup, chili or even a few slices of tomato.