Take your time preparing this dish. It is fantastic looking and an absolute crowd pleaser. If you do not want to use pork bacon then use beef bacon instead. Moist the beef bacon with a little oil as it usually has a very low-fat content. The recipe is for 4 portions.
- 4 chicken breast of the same size
- Dijon mustard
- Basil leaves
- 125 gr of mozzarella cheese
- 50 gr of yellow cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips or beef bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the two cheeses and mix together
- Dry the chicken breasts with a clean towel
- Cut a slit in a chicken breast from the thin side to form a pocket. Do not pierce through
- In the pocket spread some mustard then insert 3 to 4 basil leaves and the cheeses. In that order will make it much easier.
- Add a little salt (very little as bacon has salt) and pepper to taste on the chicken breast
- Nicely wrap the breast with the bacon strip. Not more than 2 per chicken breast
- Place in a baking dish and cook in an oven at 180 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
- To add a nice color to the chicken breast place them under a grill for not more than 1 minute.
Tips: It is excellent served with cream spinach.